Back to School with Imaginisce Take 1 And New CREATE Issue!

August is Back to School month on the Imaginisce blog and I have a couple of projects up this week.  BTW, something went wonky with the Imaginisce blog address so you can find the blog parked HERE.  Or if you want to see the address-  www.imaginisceblog.blogspot.com  They are working on it, but aren't sure of what is going on.  You HAVE to love technology!  This project was up on the blog yesterday.  

I wanted to create a box that you could put some goodies in, use for room decor, and possibly use for something else.  I found a file for this pencil box over on SVGCuts. com and thought it would be adorable to use.  

KatrinaHunt-Imaginisce-BackToSchool-PencilBox-1000-1
Supplies:  Pattern Papers-Imaginisce (My Baby, Perfect Vacation, Welcome Spring); Cardstock-American Crafts; Ribbon-Unknown; Ink-Hero Arts; Adhesive-ThermOWeb; Silhouette Cameo with cutting file from SVGCuts; Ribbon Cutter-Imaginisce

Owl courtesy of Carleen's pottery making collection!

I used the Imagicut Ribbon Cutter to cut my ribbon.  This is a fun tool to get your ribbon edges just right.  It will be great to take to a crop, where I really don't want to loose my good scissors!  

One thing to note: You must have the Designer Edition of Silhouette software to use this file, since it is a SVG.  If you purchase the cut file, there is a PDF guide on how you are to size your pieces once imported into your Silhouette.  I went by the guide and it was wrong on several pieces and I had to redo.  So, once the files are imported, those were the sizes I should have cut.  I should not have resized them to what the PDF guide told me.  Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about that problem, so that you did have the same one!

KatrinaHunt-Imaginisce-BackToSchool-PencilBox-1000-2

Here is inside the bottom of the box.  You could put some candy, a gift card, paper clips…you get the idea!  I did tuck some tissue paper in the bottom, which also helped to steady it up a bit!
KatrinaHunt-Imaginisce-BackToSchool-PencilBox-1000-3

Back To School Take 1 is complete!  Have you ever had a problem with a cut file not working like you think it should?  Let me know!

AND…..


The new issue of CRATE is out for August!  This is one jam packed issue that you do not want to miss!  You can download your FREE copy RIGHT HERE!

No comments

Awww...I LOVE that you wanna comment! Leave it here, leave a link, and I will come visit you too!